Ramez5 متواجد حالياً  
الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 1
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر : 50
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Cairo - Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 41,739

Will You 'Stand in the Gap'

“I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. Ezekiel 22:30

One of the more common mistakes that Christians make, according to Oswald Chambers, is to misuse the discernment that the Holy Spirit often gives us to 'see into' the lives of others and recognize weaknesses, faults etc by criticizing that person.

How easy it is to fall into this error as a spouse or parent.. or member of a church. Only the other day I found myself being critical of my Dear Hubby.. and realized this morning.. while reading my devotional.. that the Lord wants us to pray.. not criticize.

Criticizm is easy. Prayer is hard work. I was so convicted but am glad the Lord showed me what he wants of me. The closer you are to someone, the more certain it is that the Lord wants you to pray more and talk less.

We should never use our ability to see someone else's blind spot to criticize them or condemn them. The Lord has honored you with a window into the soul of someone else, so that you can be the one to 'stand in the gap' for that person.. to pray for that person at that moment in a very specific way.

He doesn't need us to 'fix' anything or any person.. just pray. Prayer is what changes mens' hearts.. not our words or manipulation or criticism.

The Lord actively looks for such a servant.. a man or woman who is enough 'in tune' with His Spirit and in such a state of purity of heart before the Lord that they not only care enough to pray but that they are sensitive to his leading on the behalf of others.

In this chapter of Ezekiel, he was about to destroy Israel for their many sins, and looked to see if there was a 'Moses or Daniel to intercede.. but there was no one....

When we see something going wrong in the world, our neighborhood or our family, what is our first response?

Chambers says one of two things results from a Christian under pressure.. 'whine' or 'wine'.

Do we complain? Or do we overflow with faith and God's love looking to Jesus and ready to minister.

Our response should be to pray.. because prayer is where God's work in the lives of others is done. Only God can redeem or save souls.. or sanctify them. All we can do is pray.

breach perets: a bursting forth, breach, in wall figurative of effect to avert calamity, by instruction and (especially) intercession.

Today I was reading about the crucifixion of our Lord and what stood out to me most was a man like this.. ready to 'stand in the gap'. He was a silent follower of Christ who had been to afraid of his fellow pharisees to admit his love for the Lord.. but now.. when the crisis came.. he was ready to do the work God needed done.

Others responded to the crucifixion too.. with fear, with scoffing, watching from a distance, and some ran away 'beating their breasts'.. but one man was ready and had the boldness of the Holy Spirit to do what was required.

And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counselor; and he was a good man, and a just: (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of themWill You 'Stand in the Gap' he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God. This man went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Luke 23:50-52

John 19:38 Joseph of Arimathea—"a rich man" (Mt 27:57), thus fulfilling Isa 53:9; "an honorable counsellor," a member of the Sanhedrim, and of good condition, "which also waited for the kingdom of God" (Mr 15:43), a devout expectant of Messiah's kingdom; "a good man and a just, the same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them" (Lu 23:50, 51—he had gone the length, perhaps, of dissenting and protesting in open council against the condemnation of our Lord); "who also himself was Jesus' disciple," (Mt 27:57).being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly, for fear of the Jews—"He went in boldly unto Pilate" (Mr 15:43)—literally, "having taken courage went in," or "had the boldness to go in."

Mark alone, as his manner is, notices the boldness which this required. The act would without doubt identify him for the first time with the disciples of Christ. Marvellous it certainly is, that one who while Jesus was yet alive merely refrained from condemning Him, not having the courage to espouse His cause by one positive act, should, now that He was dead, and His cause apparently dead with Him, summon up courage to go in personally to the Roman governor and ask permission to take down and inter the body.

The heroism of faith is usually kindled by desperate circumstances, and is not seldom displayed by those who before were the most timid, and scarce known as disciples at all.

If you are not ready...if you are worried that whining is your normal response to crisis.. and criticism your normal response to others' failures or faults, then now is the time to seek the Lord. He is happy to make you 'his man or woman' but you have to be willing to seek him before the crisis. Seek you first the Kingdom of God.. it is our calling..

Are you 'waiting for the kingdom of God? Or are you too burdened by the cares of this world.. or enchanted by it's alllures to seek the Lord. The moment of crisis is not the time to decide.

The Lord doesn't have many who are ready and willing to stand alone.. or stand in the gap. But He is actively seeking for such men and women.

Will you be 'the one' for your family, your city, your country?

Dear Lord, May we be the ones who stand in the gap when others need us.. and when you need us to do the work that must be done whether that is prayer.. or bold steps to do what you want us to do when all others are cowering or callous. May our hearts become sensitive to your leading.. and may we be filled with your love towards those around us. Amen
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 12:51 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 2 )
Mary Naeem Female
† Admin Woman †

الصورة الرمزية Mary Naeem

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,212,804

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو

Mary Naeem غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي رد: Will You 'Stand in the Gap'

Thanks Ramez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 03:35 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 3 )
walaa farouk Female
..::| الإدارة العامة |::..

الصورة الرمزية walaa farouk

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 122664
تـاريخ التسجيـل : Jun 2015
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : مصر
المشاركـــــــات : 350,668

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو